ABOUT WEROAD: CONNECTING PEOPLE, CULTURES, AND STORIES
WeRoad is a community of travelers, united by their love for travel, adventure, and
discovering faraway lands and cultures. We bring together small groups of like-minded millennials and send them on life-changing experiences to 100+ destinations all over the globe.
Founded in 2017, we're a dynamic, ambitious team of nearly 80 people experiencing exponential growth in Italy, Spain, and the UK, recently launched in Germany and France too. We're on a mission to design and deliver experiences worth living and sharing, rewriting the rules of the travel industry every step of the way.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
JOB TITLE: ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
TYPE OF CONTRACT: 1 YEAR FIXED TERM CONTRACT TO START WITH
SALARY RANGE: €22-28k + Bonus
Meet your team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIhSzYNCOCA
As Account Executive, you will be responsible for pre and live tour operations, making sure everything is prepared to deliver unique, best in class travel experiences for our WeRoaders. You’ll manage and book services in the destination, prepare and upload relevant documentation, and manage live tour operations related to the APAC or EMEA portfolio.
As Account Executive, you will:
- Planning and managing departure dates for itineraries, planning around optimum flight dates and holiday periods
- Working cross-functionally with the sales team, monitoring of tours and trip fill, and optimizing allotments through requesting additional seats and tours
- Ensure smooth pre-planning of upcoming departures by preparing and uploading customer documentation and information (passport, id cards, drivers licenses)
- Manage confirmation or cancellation of tours with our partners
- Buy and update documentation for any flight or hotel tickets that we issue
- Checking claims/expenses, and investigating discrepancies between supplier invoices and budget
- Live tour issue resolution (issues with customers or supplier that needs action)
- Ensure information accuracy on all platforms including our website and travel diaries
- Other tasks that support smooth day to day operations of our products
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar role in the travel industry, preferably in a tour operator
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English (Italian is a big plus)
- Ability to work some evening and weekend shifts (rotates with the rest of the team)
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- A can-do spirit: you are a natural problem solver
- Highly organized with ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Great attention to detail
- Quick and , independent learner
- Computer literate, can use GoogleSheets
You will love working at WeRoad if:
- You are ambitious, want to build and be part of something huge, growing faster than you thought possible
- You love travel and want to join a young, smart, and fun team of people who love it, too
- You prefer adventure instead of daily routine and love working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You are an entrepreneur at heart and a self-starter and aren't afraid to take on a lot of responsibility, right from the start
- You welcome feedback and see mistakes as stepping stones to success
What we can offer:
- A free WeRoad trip every year to the destination of your choice. You didn't think we'd leave you hanging, did we? Become one of our Travel Coordinators and you could go abroad even more often.
- A great workspace. WeRoad offices are based in the beating heart of Milan, Madrid, London, Paris and Berlin and you’ll have the chance to frequently tour around them to meet all our WeRoad people.
- Best-in-class benefits. We have a work from home policy, offer a half-day off on your birthday, and give a bonus to newlyweds and new parents!
- A memorable onboarding experience. You'll have the chance to do the onboarding at our HQ in Milan, our very own coworking space called "C30" which embodies our company culture. There you'll find an open space layout, a fully equipped kitchen, an area for relaxing, table football, a company library, and a Tibetan bridge (yes.. we’re serious!).
- Training & Development. Join the training program of our holding company, OneDay.
- Best-in-class benefits. We have a generous paternity and maternity leave policy and give a bonus to newlyweds and new parents!
- Unlimited Holiday. You are the master of your own time. We have an unlimited holiday policy and encourage each employee to be their own entrepreneur.
- Fun! We schedule regular team-building events throughout the year and provide plenty of opportunities to meet our Travel Coordinators and WeRoaders.
- Hybrid working. Remote and flexible working, and we support you to work from your destination of choice up to 1 month per year.
Ready to apply?
The selection process will consist of:
- introductory call with our People & Culture team
- technical and background-based interview with our Regional Manager EMEA OR APAC
- business case
- third round of interview based on your business case
WeRoad is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We consider for employment all applicants, regardless of their race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, family status, political affiliation, disability, and any other legally protected characteristic.
Statistically speaking, women are less likely to apply for roles where they don't fit the job description perfectly. DON'T TRY AND BE PERFECT but just go for it and send us your application regardless.