WeRoad DACH Regional Manager
WeRoad is a fast-growing startup that is disrupting the travel industry in Italy, Spain, the UK, and now the rest of Europe.
ABOUT WEROAD: CONNECTING PEOPLE, CULTURES, AND STORIES
WeRoad is a community of travelers, united by their love for travel, adventure, and discovering faraway lands and cultures. We bring together small groups of like-minded millennials and send them on life-changing experiences to 100+ destinations all over the globe.
Founded in 2017, we're a dynamic, ambitious team of nearly 100 people experiencing exponential growth in Italy and Spain, and expanding in the UK and other European markets. We're on a mission to design and deliver experiences worth living and sharing, rewriting the rules of the travel industry every step of the way.
ABOUT THE ROLE: DACH REGIONAL MANAGER
In just a few years we’ve reached incredible results in Italy and Spain. The key to our success? Our ability to work on a million things at once - from product to content to technology to people - and connect the dots to develop one winning strategy perfectly designed for our tagret group: young travelers.
As DACH Regional Manager, your mission will be to ignite and boost the WeRoad brand awareness and growth in all European German-speaking countries.
This role is for the ambitious and entrepreneurial. We will invest a lot in you and clear the way for your exponential growth: you will lead our strategy, operations, and team in the DACH region!
What you’ll do:
You will cover the German speaking Europe and:
- Work with our leadership to define and deliver the business strategy for WeRoad;
- Oversee WeRoad DACH business (at 360°) and establish operational plans designed to achieve business growth and profitability targets
- Drive efforts to position our brand and build WeRoad's local presence and awareness in
- Define a strategy for building our customer base and Travel Coordinator community in DACH
- Build, train, and manage the WeRoad DACH team
- Be the link between HQ and WeRoad in DACH to align the rest of the team with the overall WeRoad direction
What you’ll bring to the table:
- You have a deep understanding of the German Millennials and Gen Z targets and have expert-level knowledge of the German language and culture
- You have a strong business background, and ideally, experience working in startups and/or the tourism industry
- You have experience managing complex, cross-functional projects in a fast-paced, high stakes environment
- You have a strong results orientation and top-notch analytical skills
- You have outstanding networking skills and the ability to make partnerships happen
- You have proven leadership skills and experience managing a team
- You exercise excellent judgment and problem-solving abilities
You will love working at WeRoad if:
- You are ambitious and want to build and be part of something huge
- You love to travel and want to join a young, smart, and fun team of people who love it, too
- You prefer adventure instead of daily routine and love working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You are an entrepreneur at heart and aren't afraid to get your hands dirty to get things done
- You are a self-starter and aren't afraid to take on a lot of responsibility, right from the start
- You welcome feedback and see mistakes as stepping stones to success
- You want to grow faster than you thought possible, as a person and as a professional
What we can offer:
- A free WeRoad trip every year to the destination of your choice. You didn't think we'd leave you hanging, did we? Become one of our Travel Coordinators and you could go even more often.
- A great workspace. WeRoad offices are based in 4 different hubs all over Europe and you’ll help us pick the fifth one in DACH as well.
- A memorable onboarding experience. You'll have the chance to do the onboarding in our HQ in Milan in our own coworking space called "C30" which fully reflects our company culture. There you'll find an open space layout, a fully equipped kitchen, a relaxing area, football tables, a company library, and a Tibetan bridge (yes.. no kidding!).
- Opportunities to learn and build your network. Join the training program of our holding company, OneDay, and participate in the many meetups and events we host at C30 or online to share knowledge with other people in the industry.
- Best-in-class benefits. We have a smart working policy, unlimited holiday, and give a bonus to newlyweds and new parents.
- Fun! We schedule regular team-building events throughout the year and have plenty of opportunities to meet our Travel Coordinators and WeRoaders from all over the world.
- Stock options and a great target driven sales incentive bonus
- Competitive base salary
Ready to apply? Here’s what’s next!
The selection process will consist of:
- introductory call with our Head of People & Culture
- technical and background-based interview with WeRoad co-founder
- development of a 90-days business case and “working with you”
- one day at our HQ in Milan to meet key stakeholders
- Reference check
We can't wait to meet you!
The People & Culture team