ABOUT WEROAD: CONNECTING PEOPLE, CULTURES, AND STORIES
WeRoad is a community of travellers, united by their love for travel, adventure, and discovering faraway lands and cultures. We bring together small groups of like-minded millennials and send them on life-changing experiences to 100+ destinations all over the globe.
Founded in 2017, we're a dynamic, ambitious team, made up of over 85 people.
We are currently experiencing exponential growth in Italy and DACH, FRANCE, and have recently launched in the UK.
We're on a mission to design and deliver experiences worth living and sharing, while rewriting the rules of the travel industry every step of the way.
WeRoad is part of OneDay Group, a business & community builder with a focus on new generations, with the ambitious vision to create and help the growth of companies capable of having a broad, lasting positive impact on the world putting the new generations at the center.
At WeRoad we are expanding our marketing team and shaping the next-gen of marketing approach; we believe in multitalented people, full-stack capabilities, and growth hacking mindsets.
- Since content is intended as a foundation of all our marketing activities, we believe that ad = content and content = ad.
- Regardless of the role (you could be a performance marketing expert or a brand manager), we look for people who believe that content is the fundamental pillar to build every other marketing activity, from acquisition to retention.
- We want people who are as tech and data-savvy as they are passionate about branding and storytelling. At the moment we are looking for a Marketing Manager for DACH region who will be the pivot between HQ Global marketing and the Country Manager.
- If you are looking for a traditional marketing role then this is not the place for you… But if you are a marketer with a global vision, the ability to wear multiple hats, and are eager to use your expertise for creative & innovative content while building a deeply emotional brand, please read further and come on board!
ABOUT THE ROLE: WEROAD MARKETING MANAGER - DACH
- This role is crucial for the success of WeRoad marketing activities in the local market and it requires a wide knowledge of marketing areas (including digital paid, social marketing, PR, event planning, and offline planning know-how). It also requires very good project management skills along with effective communication and strong interpersonal management skills.
- As the Marketing Manager DACH, you will be responsible for the implementation of marketing activities at a local level and specifically:
What you'll do
- Liaise between Global and Country teams and be the pivot between Country/sales needs and Global Marketing functions
- Prioritize and align marketing activities to support sales goals according to the Country team’s targets and the Global Marketing Plan
- Ensure the proper implementation of brand guidelines on a local level, guaranteeing at the same time to cater to cultural nuances of the country in target while respecting the global brand DNA
- Provide the Country Manager with the best marketing methods from the HQ and other markets
- Propose to the HQ local field initiatives such as local partnerships, sponsorships, and field activations, and other opportunities to seize
- Work in cross-functional teams and collaborate closely with the Global Marketing team in the development, execution, and measurement of marketing initiatives. You will be the armed arm of the HQ Marketing team for the implementation of marketing at a local level:
- Activate and manage partnership and co-marketing campaigns with relevant partners and brands (digital and offline)
- Activate and manage Influencer programs and foster relations with key influencers (lifestyle, travel, sports)
- Launch Marketing stunts and PR-worthy initiatives
- Manage event sponsorship (festivals, fairs, etc.) music & concerts, media partnership
- Manage offline and multimedia activities and campaigns (out of home, guerrilla, marketing stunts)
- Manage day by day relationships with local PR partners and media partners
- The position reports to the Global Marketing team based in Milan but is based in Berlin within the Country team.
What we looking for
- Experience of 3+ years in similar positions
- Experience creating strategy, planning, budgeting, and managing fairs, events, and sponsorships from start to finish
- Proven track record of launching successful online and offline marketing campaigns and driving qualified leads or customers
- Strong project management/organizational skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple initiatives at once
- Strong interpersonal skills, collaborative, and the ability to coordinate between HQ and Market and to work effectively in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment with strict deadlines
- Exhibit strong stakeholders’ management and communication skills
- German native speaker with an awesome level of English.
You will love working at WeRoad if:
- You are ambitious and want to build and be part of something huge
- You love to travel and want to join a young, smart, and fun team of people who love it, too
- You prefer adventure instead of daily routine and love working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You are an entrepreneur at heart and aren't afraid to get your hands dirty in order to get things done
- You are a self-starter and aren't afraid to take on a lot of responsibility, right from the start
- You welcome feedback and see mistakes as stepping stones to success
- You want to grow faster than you thought possible, as a person and as a professional
What we can offer:
- A free WeRoad trip every year to the destination of your choice. You didn't think we'd leave you hanging, did we? Become one of our Travel Coordinators and you could go even more often.
- A great workspace.
- A memorable onboarding experience. You'll have the chance to do the onboarding in our HQ in Milan in our own coworking space called "C30" which fully reflects our company culture. There you'll find an open space layout, a fully equipped kitchen, a relaxing area, football tables, a company library, and a Tibetan bridge (yes.. no kidding!).
- Opportunities to learn and build your network. Join the training program of our holding company, OneDay, and participate in the many meetups and events we host at C30 or online to share knowledge with other people in the industry.
- Best-in-class benefits. We have a smart working policy, offer a half-day off on your birthday, and give a bonus to newlyweds and new parents.
- Fun! We schedule regular team-building events throughout the year and have plenty of opportunities to meet our Travel Coordinators and WeRoaders from all over Italy.
- A fun fast-paced startup environment full of ideas and drive to execute those ideas. You get to see how your own decisions impact the organization and affect its goals and objectives
- Attractive Salary
- NO formal wear or formalities
- The process is:
- Quick chat with our P&C team - cultural check
- Business Case - to give you some insight into what you'd be doing here
- Interview with CMO and Country Manager - final check
So... READY TO APPLY?!