DESTINATIONS REGIONAL MANAGER
ABOUT WEROAD: CONNECTING PEOPLE, CULTURES, AND STORIES
Founded in 2017, WeRoad is a fast-growing startup that is disrupting the travel industry in Italy, Spain, the UK and now also...in Germany and France!
We are a community of travelers, united by their love for travel, adventure, and discovering faraway lands and cultures. We bring together small groups of like-minded millennials and send them on life-changing experiences to 100+ destinations all over the globe.
We're on a mission to design and deliver experiences worth living and sharing, through rewriting the rules of the travel industry.
ABOUT THE ROLE
JOB TITLE: DESTINATIONS REGIONAL MANAGER
Meet your team: Danae & Patrick
AS REGIONAL MANAGER, YOU WILL:
- be responsible for defining the growth plan for your geographical area together with our country managers
- be fully accountable for regional product supply, procurement & contracting
- be responsible for contract negotiation of destinations in your portfolio, ensuring we get the best rates from our partners
- be the owner of the contribution margin generated through our Tour Operator activity in your region, taking full control of each product component, ensuring the sustainable growth of the business
- be responsible for delivering top quality itineraries and implementing improvements with your team to ensure customer experience is paramount and WeRoad are a provider of world leading experiences
- work hand in hand with our Product Development Lead and travel designers to develop key itineraries for your region
- support development of quarterly OKRs with the Head of Tour Operator, outlining priorities for your team
- manage and develop a team of 3-4 people, who are dedicated to sourcing, contracting and improvement of product under your management as well as ensuring all costs and product data required within the wider business are accurate, and up to date
- work with your peers to improve and develop new processes for the tour operating team to ensure efficiency as we scale
- identify the right local partners and DMCs within your regional management and develop strong long term partner relationships
- Be a key part of our crisis management team, and support our emergency process and shifts as required on rotation amongst the team. Together with the rest of the team you’ll help guarantee global 24/7 assistance to our tours
- You have 4+ years of experience either in the tourism industry or in negotiation
- You have proven experience managing a team of 2+ people and have strong leadership skills that enable you to both lead by example and constantly be the bar raiser of your team
- You are comfortable in being one of the main points of contact for emergencies and/or crises
- You love managing a full suite of KPIs, and are highly engaged by achieving goals
- An excellent relationship builder, and someone who will relish the opportunity to build strong relationships for WeRoad with external partners.
- You have experience in a fast paced, dynamic startup scale up environment, and thrive under pressure
- You are commercially minded, analytical, competent at handling data sets, and can work autonomously to solve problems
You will love working at WeRoad if:
- You are ambitious, want to build and be part of something huge, growing faster than you thought possible
- You love travel and want to join a young, smart, and fun team of people who love it, too
- You prefer adventure instead of daily routine and love working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You are an entrepreneur at heart and a self-starter and aren't afraid to take on a lot of responsibility, right from the start
- You welcome feedback and see mistakes as stepping stones to success
What we can offer:
- A free WeRoad trip every year to the destination of your choice. You didn't think we'd leave you hanging, did we? Become one of our Travel Coordinators and you could go abroad even more often.
- A great workspace. WeRoad offices are based in the beating heart of Milan, Madrid, London, Paris and Berlin and you’ll have the chance to frequently tour around them to meet all our WeRoad people.
- Best-in-class benefits. We have a work from home policy, offer a half-day off on your birthday, and give a bonus to newlyweds and new parents!
- A memorable onboarding experience. You'll have the chance to do the onboarding at our HQ in Milan, our very own coworking space called "C30" which embodies our company culture. There you'll find an open space layout, a fully equipped kitchen, an area for relaxing, table football, a company library, and a Tibetan bridge (yes.. we’re serious!).
- Training & Development. Join the training program of our holding company, OneDay.
- Best-in-class benefits. We have a generous paternity and maternity leave policy and give a bonus to newlyweds and new parents!
- Unlimited Holiday. You are the master of your own time. We have an unlimited holiday policy and encourage each employee to be their own entrepreneur.
- Fun! We schedule regular team-building events throughout the year and provide plenty of opportunities to meet our Travel Coordinators and WeRoaders.
- Smart working. Remote and flexible working, and we support you to work from your destination of choice up to 1 month per year.
Ready to apply?
The selection process will consist of:
- introductory call with our People & Culture team
- technical and background-based interview with our Head of TO
- business case
- third round of interview based on your business case
WeRoad is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We consider for employment all applicants, regardless of their race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, family status, political affiliation, disability, and any other legally protected characteristic.
Statistically speaking, women are less likely to apply for roles where they don't fit the job description perfectly. DON'T TRY AND BE PERFECT but just go for it and send us your application regardless.