WeRoad Sales Executive
WeRoad is a fast-growing startup with a unique vision for group travel. We’ve been disrupting the travel industry in Italy and Spain since 2017. Now, in 2021, we are launching WeRoad UK, with the aim of becoming the most exciting and talked-about travel brand out there.
ABOUT WEROAD: CONNECTING PEOPLE, CULTURES, AND STORIES
WeRoad is a tour operator, but so much more - first and foremost we are a community of travellers, united by love for travel, adventure, and the experience of faraway lands and cultures. We bring together small groups of like-minded millennials and provide life-affirming journeys to 100+ destinations all over the globe.
Since its founding in 2017, WeRoad has evolved from an initial startup to a dynamic, ambitious team of nearly 70 people from Italy, Spain, the UK and beyond. Despite the pandemic, we are experiencing exponential growth in Italy and Spain, and are poised to continue this success in the UK.
We're on a mission to design and deliver travel experiences worth living and sharing, while rewriting the rules of the industry every step of the way to make travel more fun, authentic and social than ever before.
WeRoad is part of OneDay Group, a business & community builder with a focus on younger generations (‘Millenials’ and ‘generation Z’). OneDay’s ambition is to create and nurture the growth of companies that will have a broad, lasting positive impact on the world, putting new generations at the center.
ABOUT THE ROLE: WEROAD SALES EXECUTIVE
Above all, WeRoad is a community business! That’s why we’re on the lookout for a Sales Executive who will help us build the WeRoad brand in the UK market.
This role is for the dynamic and entrepreneurial, those who aren’t afraid to get stuck in and who love a challenge: you’ll be one of our first hires in the UK and will help bootstrap WeRoad UK from the ground up!
Launching in the UK Market
- Working with our Co-founder, you’ll be one of our first UK employees, and will play a critical role in the successful launch of WeRoad into the UK;
- You’ll be responsible for coordinating & managing events in the UK, building our community offline, and creating hype around the brand.
Sales, Sales, Sales
- First and foremost, you’ll be our sales expert, with the primary task of hunting down and converting leads through all our channels;
- You’ll be the first point of contact for our WeRoaders and will be in contact with them through all major customer channels (Facebook, Instagram, Zendesk, Whatsapp, phone and more);
- You’ll work closely with our Country and Sales Manager to develop a sales strategy, and develop best practices for sourcing and converting WeRoaders;
- You’ll find creative ways to generate new leads, build and utilize your network and optimize the most effective channels for interaction with potential WeRoaders;
- You’ll keep the sales process organised by maintaining and updating an efficient sales pipeline and record of interaction with customers;
- You’ll be an expert on all of our adventures, able to give tailored advice to customers who are looking for support in finding and ultimately booking their perfect tour.
Live activations in the UK Market
- You’ll be involved in organising, coordinating, & managing events in the UK, building our community offline, and creating hype around the brand;
- You’ll work closely with the Marketing team to brainstorm ideas for offline activations in the UK market, introducing people to the WeRoad offering;
- You’ll collaborate with our Customer Care Specialist to execute these events, evaluate their success, and improve future events.
What we’re looking for:
- You are ready for the challenge of launching in the UK, you are proactive, use your voice, and are keen to help shape WeRoad in the UK
- You are UK native, or speak the language at a mother-tongue level and have lived experience of the British culture and ways of communicating;
- You are a people person and comfortable proactively contacting customers who have shown an interest in the WeRoad product;
- You are highly enthusiastic: an all-star communicator, able to transmit your energy and personality into your online, written and face-to-face interactions;
- You are ambitious: you love having a target to reach and exceed and are self-motivated to achieve results;
- You have in-depth knowledge of and ability using Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp and other tools;
- You are comfortable being a face of the brand on social media platforms;
- You are sociable and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment;
- If you have experience in sales and/or customer care, it will be considered a plus;
- You love traveling, learning and meeting new people - i.e. you have the WeRoad spirit!
You will love working at WeRoad if:
- You are ambitious and want in at the ground floor of a movement set to become huge;
- You love travel and want to work with young, smart, and fun people who love it too;
- You prefer challenge and adventure over daily routine and enjoy a fast-paced, dynamic work environment;
- You are an entrepreneur at heart and aren't afraid to step outside your comfort zone in order to achieve;
- You are a self-starter ready to take on a lot of responsibility, right from the start;
- You welcome feedback and see mistakes as stepping stones to success;
- You want to grow faster than you thought possible, as a person and as a professional.
What we can offer:
- Salary and sales incentive. Competitive base salary. Make up to 25% extra in commissions, paid out on a quarterly basis.
- A free WeRoad trip every year to the destination of your choice. You didn't think we'd leave you hanging, did we? Plus, join the ranks of our Travel Coordinators and you could go abroad even more often;
- A great workspace. WeRoad offices are based in the beating heart of Milan, Madrid and London and you’ll have the chance to frequently tour around them to meet all our WeRoad people;
- A memorable onboarding experience. You'll have the chance to onboard at C30, the OneDay Group HQ in Milan: our very own coworking space that embodies our company culture. There you'll find the fresh open layout workspace of dreams, complete with cafeteria, fully equipped kitchen, relaxation areas, table football, company library, and a Tibetan rope bridge (seriously);
- Opportunities to learn and grow your network. Join the training program of our holding company, OneDay. Participate in the numerous meetups and events we host at C30 or online, to share knowledge with other people in the industry;
- Best-in-class benefits. We have a work from home policy, offer a half-day off on your birthday, and give a bonus to newlyweds and new parents!
- Fun! We schedule regular team building events throughout the year, and provide plenty of opportunities to meet our Travel Coordinators and WeRoaders.
Ready to apply?
We can't wait to meet you!