UK SALES ASSISTANT
ABOUT WEROAD: CONNECTING PEOPLE, CULTURES, AND STORIES
Founded in 2017, WeRoad is a fast-growing startup that is disrupting the travel industry in Italy, Spain, the UK and now also...in Germany and France!
We are a community of travelers, united by their love for travel, adventure, and discovering faraway lands and cultures. We bring together small groups of like-minded millennials and send them on life-changing experiences to 100+ destinations all over the globe.
We're on a mission to design and deliver experiences worth living and sharing, through rewriting the rules of the travel industry.
ABOUT THE ROLE
JOB TITLE: Sales Assistant UK
LOCATION: London, UK
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Full time, permanent or fixed-term, depending on seniority.
Meet your team: Sales
What you'll do:
- First and foremost, you’ll be our sales expert, with the primary task of hunting down and converting leads through all our channels;
- You’ll be the first point of contact for our WeRoaders and will be in contact with them through all major customer channels (Facebook, Instagram, Zendesk, Whatsapp, phone and more);
- You’ll work closely with our Country Manager to roll out the sales strategy, and develop best practices for sourcing and converting WeRoaders;
- You’ll find creative ways to generate new leads, build and utilize your network and optimize the most effective channels for interaction with potential WeRoaders;
- You’ll keep the sales process organised by maintaining and updating an efficient sales pipeline and record of interaction with customers;
- You’ll be an expert on all of our adventures, able to give tailored advice to customers who are looking for support in finding and ultimately booking their perfect tour.
- Assist in the organization of events designed to build and engage the UK community
What we’re looking for:
- You are highly enthusiastic: an all-star communicator, able to transmit your energy and personality into your telephone, written, online and face-to-face interactions;
- You are ambitious: you love having a target to reach and exceed and are self-motivated to achieve results;
- You are a people person and comfortable proactively contacting customers who have shown an interest in the WeRoad product;
- You are native to the UK or speak the English language at a mother-tongue level and have lived experience of the British culture and ways of communicating
- You are ready for the challenge of scaling a product in the UK, you are proactive, use your voice, and are keen to help shape WeRoad here.
- You are sociable and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment;
- You love traveling, learning and meeting new people - i.e. you have the WeRoad spirit!
- You are thrilled by the prospect of working full time in the office
You will love working at WeRoad if:
- You are ambitious, want to build and be part of something huge, growing faster than you thought possible
- You love travel and want to join a young, smart, and fun team of people who love it, too
- You prefer adventure instead of daily routine and love working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You are an entrepreneur at heart and a self-starter and aren't afraid to take on a lot of responsibility, right from the start
- You welcome feedback and see mistakes as stepping stones to success
What we can offer:
- A free WeRoad trip every year to the destination of your choice. You didn't think we'd leave you hanging, did we? Become one of our Travel Coordinators and you could go even more often.
- A great workspace, a vibrant co-working space and community; WeRoad UK office is based in East London at Huckletree.
- Opportunities to learn and build your network. Join the training program of our holding company, OneDay, and participate in the many meetups and events we host at our HQ or local offices to have fun and share knowledge with other people in the industry.
- Best-in-class benefits. We have a generous paternity and maternity leave policy and give a bonus to newlyweds and new parents!
- Unlimited Holiday. You are the master of your own time. We have an unlimited holiday policy and encourage each employee to be their own entrepreneur.
- Fun! We schedule regular team-building events throughout the year and have plenty of opportunities to meet our Travel Coordinators and WeRoaders from all over the world.
- Smart working. As we scale the business, remote and smart working opportunities will become available.
Ready to apply?
The selection process will consist of:
- Introductory call with P&C
- Case Study
- Technical and background-based interview with our UK Country Manager
- Third interview with our Co-Founder & International Expansion Director
WeRoad is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We consider for employment all applicants, regardless of their race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, family status, political affiliation, disability, and any other legally protected characteristic.
Statistically speaking, women are less likely to apply for roles where they don't fit the job description perfectly. DON'T TRY AND BE PERFECT but just go for it and send us your application regardless