Our Product Talk series continues, and this time we had the pleasure of having a chat with Lorenza Pugliese, Director of Product Marketing at Aircall.
Aircall is a cloud-based business phone system that helps businesses of all sizes improve their customer communication. It is a fully virtual VoIP solution that can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection.
It was interesting to have a view on the Product Marketing Manager role, how it differs from the Product Manager role, and how it bridges the gaps between Marketing and Product teams.
- Role and responsibilities of a Product Marketing Manager
- Differences and similarities between the PMM and PM roles
- Interactions between PMM and Marketing and Product teams
- How do you identify buyer personas?
How do you share them with the team?
And at what stage do you use them?
- Do the PMM deals with product growth?
- Does a PMM uses/manages product analytics?
How does it interact with BI or data analytics teams?
- Can the PM and PMM roles converge, making a PM responsible also for
the product marketing part?
- How do you keep updated on what the competitors are doing?